This chilled blender soup is lovely for summer entertaining. Cucumber, mint, and avocado… velvety and satisfying! Low glycemic load, and full of healthy fat and fibre to fill you up. Did you know avocados contain compounds which protect against inflammation? Research also found they may reduce the risk of cancer. Mint has been used for thousands of years. It aids in upset stomach or indigestion and is thought to increase bile secretion, needed for digestion of those amazing heart-healthy fats from the avocado! Can you say YUM?!
- 1/2 seedless cucumber
- 1 medium avocado, peeled
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp. plain yogurt (organic, grass-fed ideally)
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint
- 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 radish (optional, for garnish)
- 1 sprig fresh mint (garnish)
Place everything except the radish in a blender and add 1 cup cold water. Process until smooth.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve garnished with the radish and remaining mint leaves.
No mint? Cilantro also works in this soup!